Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

I spent Thanksgiving with my girlfriend Krysta at her grandparent's house in Llano, Tx. The Colorado river runs straight through their backyard, so we hung out down there and skipped some rocks.
We also tried to break some rock and make discoidal knives...not much luck there though.
Where I live and where I grew up, there are literally NO rocks. So my knapping skills are really really lacking. I guy named Bill Metcalf teaches knapping in Killeen, Tx, which is several hours from where I live, but I hope to go and learn from him sometime soon.

We saw quite a bit of wildlife, but the only things I got pictures of were some moths and a bee on some asters growing near the river.
I made some nice hand-drill stalks from yucca, but they mysteriously dissappeared when all the children started showing up. Oh well.






No comments: