Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sense Test

Today at my sit spot I practiced my hand drill technique for a few minutes. It's been a while since I last practiced and my hands have become soft. I'm really trying to avoid getting blisters as bad as when I first started learning. The rest of the time I tried to focus on expanding my hearing. I tried to pick out as many different sounds as I could hear and identify them. Of course I heard cars, sirens, a couple planes and dogs barking in the neighborhood, but I also heard a breeze blowing through dead leaves in a tree, leaves falling through the branches of other trees, one possibly two bird calls I couldn't identify and some type of woodpecker. I hope to hone my sound awareness and knowledge base to the point of not only being able to accurately identify the sounds I heard but also to hear all the sounds I'm sure I didn't notice.

I also noticed these scratch marks on the uprooted dirt at the base of my sitting tree. Another mystery I hope to one day be knowledgeable enough to solve.

No comments: