I cut the hide out of the frame, leaving behind the grease burned areas. I would hope for full use of a hide, but maybe next time. This is still going to make a decent bit of buckskin. I didn't have any brains, and around here even the redneck hunters will kick you out of the butcher shop if you ask for brains, so I'm using eggs. I've heard this works, though I've never tried it. There really doesn't seem to be any common consensus as to how many eggs to use per hide. I've heard anything from one to a dozen. So, I used five, because that's what I had. I broke them all and dumped them into a bucket. Then I added just enough water to cover the hide completely.
That is where the hide will have to stay for today. I don't have the time to pull it out right now and start stretching and pulling all day. Maybe I'll try anyway...we'll see.