Sunday, February 8, 2009

Oops...sorry

I don't know why I stopped posting on here. Maybe I'll be able to get back in the habit.
I've been visiting my sit-spot much more regularly now and I'm really getting to know those woods a lot better. I've also just ordered the Kamana 2 program, so I'm really excited to start that up.
A few days ago I saw my first American Robin (Turdus migratorius), actually I saw a whole bunch of them! I know that may seem ridiculous since they are so common, but I suppose I just hadn't created a search image in my brain for them. They were feeding on the berries of the Black Tupelo (Nyssa sylvatica) tree. My friend Jon and I just sat down and took turns watching them with my binoculars.
Speaking of birds, there are two Red-Tailed Hawks (Buteo jamaicensis) that live in the tall pines across Stewart's Creek from my sit-spot. I'm hoping to actually catch them in the act of catching some prey soon.

No comments: